John Kamara by heart is a Tech Entrepreneur with over 20 successful years of experience working in new market acquisitions across various technology verticals in Europe, America, Asia and Africa.
John is one of Africa’s leading experts on how businesses can leverage key technology trends, instantly transform organizations and drive competitive advantage for impact in industries including finance, agriculture, health, education, gaming and startup enterprises.
John Kamara is uniquely a Pan African renowned business leader, successful entrepreneur, investor, consultant, beloved mentor and distinguished speaker holding multiple roles typically including:
- Founder and Global Chief Executive Officer Adanian Labs Founder – AI Centre of Excellence
- CEO – Cortex Africa (Leading Artificial Intelligence Company in Africa)
- Director Nonexecutive – Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa
- Director for Strategy – Data-Driven Innovation Center under CREATES Center of Excellence at the Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology
- Chevalier (Knight) Ordre Des Arts est des Technologies – Crypto Chain University
- Director for Growth – Global Gaming Africa
- Founder – Afrimart (eCommerce) | Afya Rekod (Health
- Tech) Investor – eCobba (Fintech) | Twaa (Mentoring & Learning) | PhermaAgri (AgriTech)
- John is actively involved and significantly invested in current technologies focusing on loT (Internet of Things), Al (Artificial Intelligence), Blockchain and Crowdfunding.
- Having worked in market growth leadership roles for global technology companies at Google, Sun Microsystems, eir Ireland, Digicel, BMC Software and others,
- John is committed to identifying technology challenges a critical role in catapulting Africa into the Fourth Industrial Revolution while generating a critical mass impact.
- He has tremendously excited audiences in many countries and continents as he shared insights in various global stages like Al Expo Africa, Al, For Good Global Summit, Bio2019, ICE London, Abuja Blockchain & Al Roundtable, Malta Blockchain Summit and Africa Fintech Summit to name just a few John’s current foci is how smart technologies can be leveraged in resolving some of the most prominent and pertinent socio-economic challenges in Africa; you said it various players can play a role through the empowerment of present structures and systems to build holistic sustainable ecosystems in problem solving.
- Having founded and successfully sold his first company Spade Social – a life style and entertainment-focused tech startup (2009 – 2012), John dedicates his time sharing his extensive knowledge, experiences and network with up-and-coming entrepreneurs in tech and beyond fueled by his passion to see more successful techdriven companies launch out of Africa.