Meet start-ups improving the access and affordability of healthcare services
* Register (or log in) to the AI4G Neural Network to add this session to your agenda or watch the replay
This AI for Good Innovation Factory session in partnership with IBM Hyper Protect Accelerator and Village Capital seeks solutions that will improve the access and affordability of healthcare services around the world. For this call for solutions, we are looking for creative and robust approaches to support the following challenges:
- Scalable remote healthcare and telemedicine services
- Making sense of medical data with AI and machine learning, whilst preserving/enhancing data privacy
- Digital Twins and Simulations
- Extended reality for clinical training and treatment
- Personalized medicine and genomics
Prizes and Benefits
- The winner will be invited to join IBM Hyper Protect Accelerator 2022
- 3 months business accelerator
- 2 years technical mentorship
- $120,000 Cloud Credits
- All finalists will benefit from follow-up mentoring sessions provided by the judges after the demo day.
- Brand awareness and networking opportunity at the Demo Day with potential customers, partners and investors
- Legally incorporated as a for-profit entity.
- Less than 10 years old, having raised less than $15M.
- Have some traction (this is not limited to revenue, but can include successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships)
The rapid digitalisation of healthcare in the last 10 years, accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, has created enormous opportunities to improve the quality and access/affordability of healthcare in every region of the world. However, alongside that opportunity, there has been a significant increase in risk for healthcare companies.
At the core of most data-driven health technology is customers’ personally identifiable information. According to ForgeRock, 30% of all data breaches in 2020 were found in the healthcare industry. It is more important than ever for businesses to keep their data secure, especially when they are collecting, storing, or transmitting personally identifiable information like medical records and IBM and Village Capital are passionate about accelerating this transition.
Applications are open now! Deadline to apply is June 13
June 15: Announcement of the finalists
June 21&22: Pitch Deck consulting session by Village Capital
July 8: Live Pitching event