Towards responsible AI for disaster risk management
* Register (or log in) to the AI4G Neural Network to add this session to your agenda or watch the replay
This webinar will delve into the role of responsible AI for reducing the risks associated with natural and man-made disasters, spanning all stages of disaster management including monitoring, disaster preparedness, emergency response and post-disaster recovery/relief.
It will also provide an insight into the application of state-of-the-art AI, more specifically machine learning (ML) approaches on big data, to decipher relevant hazard patterns, facilitate decision-making and improve resilience, while preventing infrastructural damage, and saving lives in developing countries.
The webinar will also touch upon the following key questions:
• What role can the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) play in encouraging investment in AI (and other digital technologies) for long-term and solution-driven disaster risk management?
• What are the core verticals relating to disaster risk reduction? How can AI applications contribute to disaster relief efforts in these verticals? How can machine-learning modelling and Big data assist with the contingency planning for COVID-19?
• What are the existing challenges and queries related to the ethics and bias of AI technologies which could impact disaster response?
• What role can the international AI standardization nexus play in bolstering global disaster response in vulnerable countries?