Meet the African startups innovating agriculture
* Register (or log in) to the AI4G Neural Network to add this session to your agenda or watch the replay
Agriculture plays a crucial role in the economic sector of Africa. Over 60% of sub-Saharan Africans are smallholder farmers and nearly a quarter of Africa’s GDP comes from agriculture. One analysis suggests that Africa could produce two or three times more cereals and grains than they do currently as long as novel technologies such as AI are adequately used. The good news is that more and more Africa-based start-ups are coming up with innovative solutions driven by AI technologies to increase crop production, improve prediction, and mitigate the climate crisis.
In this session, we will meet four African startups innovating agriculture in the continent through their unique AI-based solutions.
The winner receives
– Innovation Factory Grand Finale Demo Day ticket
– Featured Startup in the Innovation Factory Exhibition on the AI for Good Neural Network
– Follow-up Mentoring from judges after the session
– Networking opportunities with the UN and other potential business partners