Standardization Ensuring Trustworthy Digital Society Enabled by AI Technology – Part 1
While Artificial intelligence (hereinafter AI) technology is rapidly spreading and leading innovation across various industries and society, unexpected social issues and concerns are emerging. Accordingly, the trustworthiness of AI becomes a core value to solve the technical limitations of AI and to prevent risks and side effects in the process of utilization and diffusion.
Many countries are taking the lead in developing policies, strategies, and technologies to secure the trustworthiness of AI technology. The session will introduce policies and strategies of AI trustworthiness in ITU as well as various counties including Korea, Europe, and the United States, and discuss the direction of standardization in the future.
The sessions consist of 2 parts and part 1 will cover the topics as follows:
- ITU role in the standardization of trustworthy AI technology
- TTA’s strategy for the trustworthiness of AI
- A strategy of Korean policy on the trustworthiness of AI: KISDI’s self-assessment list for implementing AI ethics.
- European policy on the trustworthiness of AI
- Standardization strategies on the trustworthiness of AI in Japan